Kamis, 21 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

Lord You Are Good - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com

" I Been Good to You " is an R & amp; B in 1961 by The Miracles on the label Tamla Motown Records. It was released as the B-side of their Top 40 hit, "What's So Good About Goodbye", and included in their album I'll Try Something New the following year. This sad ballad charted # 103 on the Billboard Pop chart. Although the placement is relatively simple, the song is very influential, and recorded as the favorite song of Mirelle John Lennon, and became the inspiration behind the song The Beatles, "Sexy Sadie". Written by lead singer Miracles Smokey Robinson, the song begins with the lyrics, "See what you've done... you've made a fool of someone..." which Lennon then paraphrased in his song as " What have you done... you have fooled everyone. "

The song is played directly by the group on their album, The Miracles Recorded Live on Stage , and has inspired the cover version by Marshall Crenshaw, Joe Meek, The Temptones, Ray, Goodman & Brown (The Moments), The Ones, and fellow Motown artists, Brenda Holloway, and The Temptations. The Temptations version will also be released as a "B" side and will be mapped at # 124 on the Pop charts in 1967 (also released on their 1966 album Gettin 'Ready ). In addition to being on the first album Live , the original version of The Miracles from "I've Been Good to You" actually appeared on two of their early 1960s albums; 1962's I'll Try Something New , and 1963's The Fabulous Miracles .

During a 2009 appearance by Robinson on the Internet/television show Live from Daryl's House, hosted by Daryl Hall, the duo performed "I've Been Good to You" ( video at YouTube), among other songs. During some fun and improvised singing at the end, Robinson sang, "I do not know where you produced this song... I have not heard it for so long..."


Video I've Been Good to You



Personnel - The Miracles

  • Smokey Robinson - Main vocal
  • Bobby Rogers - Background vocals
  • Pete Moore - Background vocals
  • Claudette Robinson - Background vocals
  • Ronnie White - Background vocals
  • Marv Tarplin - Guitar

Maps I've Been Good to You



Personnel - The Temptations

  • Eddie Kendricks - Main vocal
  • David Ruffin - Background vocals
  • Melvin Franklin - Lead & amp; Background vocals
  • Paul Williams - Background vocals
  • Otis Williams - Background vocals

the i.l.y's - I've always been good at true love [FULL ALBUM ...
src: i.ytimg.com


Additional instruments

  • By The Funk Brothers

I've known good criminals and bad cops. Bad priests, honorable ...
src: 3.bp.blogspot.com


References


I'll never be Adele. It's fine, I've come to terms with it. - Anna ...
src: i0.wp.com


External links

  • I Have been Good to You - by The Miracles on YouTube
  • I Have Been Good to You - by The Miracles - The song from the "Motown Junkies" site .

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments